Mon, Apr 12|
2021 AGM - Online
2021 Annual General Meeting (Online)
Following the success of last year's online AGM, we've decided to continue the format.
Time & Location
Apr 12, 2021, 9:00 AM – Apr 14, 2021, 9:00 AM
2021 AGM - Online
About the event
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 upheavels and following the success of the 2020 Online AGM, the DCC will be holding our AGM online again this year from 12 - 14 April 2020. We have cleared this with the NZ Business Office and follow the process set up last year, that should make it as painless as possible.
As per our constitution, we are advising you 14 days prior and calling for nominations for committee positions and Notices of Motion which will close 7 days before the meeting on 5 March 2020.
Online Annual General Meetings are common in the corporate world, so we are adopting the same methods using a reputable 3rd party provider (Google Forms) to collect and collate the election results.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL REQUIRE A GOOGLE LOG IN TO VOTE!
- Nominations for committee positions and notices of motion can be made here.
- Nominations will be deemed to have been “moved” on receipt of the first nomination, and “seconded” on receipt of a second nomination. We then will contact the nominees to ensure they are willing to accept the nomination, before including them in the list of nominees.
- We will not accept posted nominations or notices of motion due to the infection risk of handling mail and the need for self-isolators to leave home to post them. While at the time of writing, we have no such limitations in NZ, the chances for an additional lockown or a community outbreak of COVID-19 remain a possibility so this rule remains in effect
- On the day of the meeting, all members will be sent a link (or can access it through our website) to the meeting form. The President’s and audited Treasurer’s report will be available from the site, voting for the nominees can be done on the form and you may vote on any notices of motion.
- If a committee position has only received one nomination, they will be elected unopposed (as they would be in a face-to-face meeting) so no vote will be required on the meeting form. The form will indicate when this is the case.
- The “meeting” will remain open online for 48 hours to allow everyone who wishes to vote to do so.
- The results will then be tallied and posted on the Club’s website as the AGM minutes. Handover of documents, equipment, etc, will be arranged between incoming and outgoing committee members when it is safe to do so.
- The Google Forms data detailing collection of nominations and voting results will be submitted to the NZ Business Office along with our minutes and financial statements to ensure transparency and an audit trail.
We appreciate you bearing with us in this difficult time and hope that we have made it as easy as possible for you to take part in our AGM. This time will pass and we'll be back to normal eventually, but in the meantime, stay safe and look after your Chihuahuas.